Thursday, July 6, 2017

Epilogue

Epilogue

And I awoke and said: This is my story and my redemption; a noirior moving through the night until finding wholeness and peace or, more accurately, being found. A Voice moved within and I was given this passage from Job.

“When his soul is drawing near to the pit,
and his life to the dwelling of the dead.
Then there is an Angel by his side, 
a Mediator, chosen out of thousands, 
to remind a man where his duty lies, 
to take pity on him and to say, 
‘Release him from descent into the pit, 
for I have found a ransom for his life’; 
his flesh recovers the bloom of its youth, 
he lives again as he did when he was young. 
He prays to God who has restored him to favour, 
and comes, in happiness to see his face. 
He publishes far and wide the news of his vindication, 
singing before his fellow men this hymn of praise, 
‘I sinned and left the path of right, 
but God has not punished me as my sin deserved. 
He has spared my soul from going down into the pit, 
and is allowing my life to continue in the light.’ 
All this God does again and yet again for man, 
rescuing his soul from the pit, 
and letting the light of life shine bright on him.” 
(Job 33: 23 - 30)


No comments:

Post a Comment